If you or a loved one is disabled, you must make your house more accessible. Low-income families may be eligible for this government-funded award. The cost of installing a house lift for those with disabilities is subsidised. You can get stairlift grants to help.
Last Updated on August 3, 2022
Stairlift Grants Key Points
- To qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant, applicants must demonstrate a genuine need (DFG). Before you may accept this grant, it must meet a set of criteria.
- Getting A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)The first step is to contact your local government to get a stairlift grant.
- Request an on-site visit from a stairlift representative to your home or workplace.
- The environmental health officer’s recommendations will be included in your stairlift grant by the local Council.
- You may be entitled to the grant if you have renters on your property.
- A disabled person in the UK can get a government-funded grant from the local authority to give them financial aid.
- Your household income will be reviewed as well as your health by an occupational therapist.
- A stairlift company can work with you in this process, and you may have a visit from the local home improvement agency which works a lot like the environmental health officer.
- People with physical or mental impairment can be eligible for stairlift grants and should contact your local council for more information.
- You can find out the cost of a stairlift here.
Get A Free Quote
Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)
The local government gives the Disabled Facilities Grant, the name given to this grant by local governments. They created these stairlift subsidies to support persons who become disabled or disabled at any stage in their life.
Who Is Eligible For The DFG (Disabled Facilities Grant)?
The Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) is open to the following individuals:
- A member of your family
- Your landlord’s renter
How Much Money Will You Get, and How Long You’ll Have To Stay There.
In the end, your house will be occupied by a tenant. You’ll be penalised if you don’t stay long enough.
If you get a council grant of up to £10,000, you must repay it if you move out of your home before the ten years is over.
Requirements For The Approval Of Grants
To qualify for a Disabled Facilities Grant, applicants must demonstrate a genuine need (DFG).
Before you may accept this grant, it must meet a set of criteria.
Getting A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)
The first step is to contact your local government to get a stairlift grant.
Our pleasure to help you in any way we can with your application. So contact your local government.
To Be Considered For A Disabled Facilities Grant, Applicants Must Provide Specific Documentation (DFG).
Information Relating To An Individual’s Identity
They will request some personal and essential information on the grant application form. Your name and address are excellent starting points.
How and why to make your home more livable for a stairlift to be installed.
Disabled Facilities Grant Justification
With a stair lift, they need to know precisely what hurdles you confront.
Managing Your Money: Further Financial Assistance
To be eligible for financial assistance, you must reveal any assets you or your family may have.
They will examine your grant application based on the information you submit. Grants from the government may be available if you need money but lack it.
Exemptions And Limits On Savings
You may not be eligible for a grant if you have more than £5,000 in your account. If a family member is under 19, they cannot spend this money.
Detailed Plans And Estimates Of The Costs To Renovate Your House
They’ll be interested in finding out whether the home is handicapped-accessible when they meet you. Local hardware stores may be able to help.
Make Sure You Get At Least Two Quotes From Two Vendors
Regarding pricing estimates and changes, you’ll need two different stairlift firms to corroborate your claims.
Do Your Research And Get A Stairlift Price Estimate From A Reputable Company
Most reputable businesses provide free in-home consultations and quotations, so gathering this information shouldn’t take too long. Request an on-site visit from a stairlift representative to your home or workplace.
Seek Advice From An Occupational Therapist
Occupation therapy might be helpful in situations when mobility is an issue.
Submission of an Application
Once you’ve completed the form, you may drop it off at the council office of your choice. The environmental health officer’s recommendations will be included in your stairlift grant by the local Council.
Is It Possible To Get A Grant From The Local Council For Your Disabled Tenant?
You may be entitled to the grant if you have renters on your property.
To be considered by the Council, you must provide evidence that additional monies are needed to hire a competent expert.
Does the Local Government Have a Deadline for Returned Grant Money?
For example, the price of a stairlift is usually less than £5,000. Certain restrictions do not apply if the landlord is registered with social services.